Thank you for viewing our latest major community aid project for Tacloban, Philippines. Please unite with us as we embark on a new Philippines pilot project that will create change in the lives of 36 kids aged 3 & 4 years old, their families and build infrastructure that will benefit many more in the years to come. This project will compliment our other projects we are providing to the various communities of Tacloban including our ongoing swim school program. The latest swim school project to be delivered also in April 2017 can be be found via the link below:-
A full 18 months in the making but with the wonderful assistance from our trusted Tacloban aid partner, Volunteer for the Visayans (VFV) & local community support in the Philippines, we can finally launch this new project. Our first 5 month nutrition project will be in a Tacloban (small suburb) called Bliss. This is the same community that we call home when delivering most of Tacloban aid projects. We were informed at the beginning of 2016 that the young preschool kids that attended this center would often arrive without breakfast – what a handful these hungry little kids must be for the staff at the center. We have been working hard with VFV since then to design a nutrition project that will ultimately provide these young children with the right morning nutrition for the their growing bodies. Plus educate their families on the importance of maintaining healthy eating habits at a economical cost (which is always a major consideration for most families in this region) well after our 5 month project has finished for these children that attend the morning session.
First of all we need to build a kitchen area that we be separate to the center to ensure the kids remain safe & meals can be prepared in relatively hygienic environment. This area at the side of center needs to have a concrete floor, roof & a sturdy cement block bench that will house the cooking station on loan from VFV. Construction & painting of this kitchen area will be completed just in time for us to personally prepare the first breakfast session in the third week of October.
Like with most of our projects, we are looking for kind individuals & organisations to join us in the form of sponsorship on a “per child” basis. For only AU$4.50 per week or AU$80.00 for the whole project term stretching over 5 months, you could help one of these 36 kids to have a real opportunity to enjoy a 5 month nutrition and their parents will have a number of educational nutrition lessons/lectures provided by VFV & the international volunteer aid community.
Your AU$4.50 per child per week sponsorship (or AU$80 in total) for 18 weeks will cover the cost of:-
- 5 freshly prepared breakfasts each school week commencing the 3rd week in October 2016 until March 2017
- Purpose built safe & hygienic kitchen area located within the pre-school centers secure grounds which can be further utilised by the local community for many years to come.
- Cooking & serving utensils.
- Oral hygiene kit for each child comprising of a toothbrush (donated by VFV) & toothpaste for use at the center after their meals.
- At least 3 nutrition classes & lectures for the parents of the children.
- LPG (gas) for the cooking station which is very generously on loan from Volunteer for the Visayans.
- Water for cooking, as there is currently no running water in the center.
- Regular individual weight & measurement assessments of the children by VFV staff and/or international volunteers.
- Daily volunteer assistance from the international aid community and/or local parents to prepare the meals under the supervision of VFV (apart from first week & last week where we will be working at the center).
Also like all of our previous projects, we are all donating our own personal time & rest assured that there will be no deductions for our own expenses or those of our kind Philippines aid partner VFV and their kind international volunteers. 100% of your kind sponsorship donation goes directly to the kids. Our only reward, and yours are the kids smiles & their sincere words of “thank you”.
To get involved & help us with this current project simply click here or on the photos below to be directed to our crowdfunding webpage. You can simply sponsor breakfast for one of these 36 kids for just a week (AU$4.50), 4 weeks (AU$18) or for the full 18 weeks project of 90 meals (AU$80). It is with your generous support that will turn this life changing new pilot program into a huge success for many young kids & their families.
Alternatively feel free to contact us directly if you wish to set-up a weekly sponsorship arrangement & we will provide you with further direct payment details.
Salamat (Thank you)!