Thank you for viewing our latest project for Tacloban, Philippines. This particular project will be personally delivered by us when we are back on the Philippines island of Leyte during October 2016 to launch our major project which can be found via the link below:-
Current Project 1: Tacloban Preschool Center 5 month Nutrition Program (Oct 2016 to Mar 2017)
All of our projects have a total project cost but ideally we would like sponsorship on a “per child” basis to keep with promise of providing an opportunity for many friends & followers to get involved. However for this particular project, we will have a solid starting base by utilising the surplus funds from the last swim school project successfully completed under budget in April 2016. Furthermore, the final day surprise activities will be co-funded by a generous gift offered to Les for his many years of full-time service at Clemenger International Freight. There will be a shortfall but we are hoping to make up the difference through various kind donations & fund raising activities.
This project will be focused on providing refresher swimming lessons to all 50 kids from the last swim school event. We will also provide some of the children with after-school advanced swimming lessons for them to further develop their skills. A surprise celebration event is also planned for the final day.
The overall project cost will cover:-:-
1) 2 days of refresher swimming lessons (1 day at each of the two venues covering all 50 children)
2) 3 after-school advanced swimming lessons for approx 7 children
3) Swimming venue hire fees
4) Return transport daily to the swimming venue from their local community
5) Swimwear for each child which they will keep at the end of the program.
6) Sunblock (sunscreen) protection
7) Use of swimming goggles kindly donated by Elite Swimming in Melbourne, Australia
8) Sandwiches & drinks at the conclusion of each daily session
9) End of program special celebration pool day for the kids to enjoy live in action.
10) Surprise final day gifts & prizes if we can secure a generous corporate sponsor again (similar to the awesome sports caps & clothing donated by AFL Football Team “North Melbourne Kangaroos” on both previous projects – www.nmfc.com.au)
11) Laminated photo & a personalised special keepsake given to each child as souvenirs of the event.
For further information of the last events please view our previous projects like on our website homepage & also take the time to read a recent article published by our trusted Philippines Aid Partner, Volunteer for the Visayans:-
Everyone involved in the organising and delivery of this project are donating their own personal time & like with all of our projects there will be no deductions for our own expenses or those of our kind loyal volunteers in the Philippines. 100% of your kind sponsorship donation goes directly to the kids. Our only rewards are the kids smiles & their sincere words of “thank you”.
To get involved & help us with this current project simply click here or on the photo below
Salamat (Thank you)!