Thank you for viewing our latest project for Tacloban, Philippines. This particular project will be personally delivered by us when we are back on the Philippines island of Leyte during March & October 2018.
All of our projects have a total project cost but ideally we would like sponsorship on a “per child” basis to keep with promise of providing an opportunity for many friends & followers to get involved. Through careful event planning & ongoing negotiations, this time we are able to offer TWO Swimming Lessons Projects (March & October 2018) for a combined “per child” sponsorship amount of only A$50ea (approx US$39). Read on for further details……
This project we are excited to announce that we will maintain the expanded swim school of 60 children from disadvantaged families in the outer Tacloban region. We will see some new young faces too.
Everyone involved, especially the kids are excited that we will be delivering swim school project #10 & 12 (Location: Tacloban, Leyte) & #11 & 13 (Location: Tanauan, Leyte).
The overall project cost will cover:-
1) 6 days of swimming lessons at two separate Leyte locations for the 60 children (Tacloban & Tanauan venues)
2) 4 additional after-school advanced swimming lessons for approx 12 children (aka Deb’s Dozen)
3) Swimming venue hire fees
4) Return transport daily to the swimming venue from their local community
5) Swimwear for any of the children that have outgrown their previously supplied swimwear.
6)Sunblock (sunscreen) protection
7) Use of swimming goggles kindly donated by Elite Swimming in Melbourne, Australia
8) Sandwiches & drinks at the conclusion of each daily session
9)Two end of program special celebration pool days (March & October) for all of the kids to enjoy their newly developed swimming skills.
10)Surprise final day gifts & prizes if we can secure a generous corporate sponsor again (Any referrals are very much appreciated)
11) Laminated photo & a personalised special keepsake given to each child as souvenirs of the events.
For further information of the last events please view our previous projects like on our website homepage & also take the time to read the recent articles published by our trusted Philippines Aid Partner,
Everyone involved in the organising and delivery of this project are donating their own personal time & like with all of our projects there will be no deductions for our own expenses or those of our kind loyal volunteers in the Philippines. 100% of your kind sponsorship donation goes directly to the kids. Our only rewards are the kids smiles & their sincere words of “thank you”.
To get involved & help us with this current project simply click here or on the photo below
Salamat (Thank you)!